Monday, December 26, 2011

Winter at Nottingham University Business School

I spent 3 years of my undergraduate studies at none other than the Business School at the University of Nottingham. It is definitely one of my favourite campus. The buildings are very well coordinated and the layout is flawless.

After the mentally stimulating Quantitative Techniques for Finance lecture at LT1, I was hanging around The Exchange Building sipping a hot cup of tea. As I sat down, I looked out at the glass doors and it was a sunny morning and the lake was covered with a thick white blanket of snow. I thought to myself... perfecto! Wouldn't it be such a great time for some photos?

That was when I decided to quickly finish my cup of Earl Grey in less than 5 minutes. It was difficult to finish something so hot, so quickly :( While walking back, I texted Jon asking him whether would he be interested in joining me for some photos before the last Auditing, Governance and Scandals seminar (that 90% of the class did not prepare for, haha). 

Nottingham University Business School
Half of the Djanorgly library

Nottingham University Business School
Nottingham University Business SchoolBeautifully covered with a thick blanket of snow!

Nottingham University Business School
Close up

Nottingham University Business SchoolNottingham University Business School
With and without direct sunlight

Nottingham University Business School
Trees can be beautiful too, even though bald. Haha :P



The author and her friend with the very adorable swan :)

Nottingham University Business School
Atrium

Nottingham University Business School
Close up of Atrium

Nottingham University Business School
Window panels at North Building

 Author with her friend

The author

Nottingham University Business School
Somewhere nearby North Building

Nottingham University Business SchoolNottingham University Business SchoolNottingham University Business School
Berries (or so). I've always been curious of how it tastes like but have not tried any because of the fear of ending up in NHS (and waiting for at least 2-3 hours before being properly treated).

The following is a short story of a very persistent swan:

Nottingham University Business School
Swan standing firmly like a boss with the thoughts, "Come on, stop taking photos of me like you've never seen a swan before in your life. Human, open the door to let me in, it's so cold outside damnit!"

Nottingham University Business School
"Ah, whatever. I'm going to enter the building myself", thought the swan.

Nottingham University Business School
"Careful... not to slip and avoid being the butt of all jokes", the swan reminded itself.

Nottingham University Business School
Nottingham University Business School
Ciao!

 A very nice photo of the author and her friend

Another photo

Nottingham University Business School
Attack the photographer!!!

Nottingham University Business School
The two lovebirds

Nottingham University Business School
Abundance of snow

Nottingham University Business School
Auditorium at South Building

Nottingham University Business School
International House

Nottingham University Business School
Sparkle

Nottingham University Business School
Hidden

Nottingham University Business School
Seagulls and ducks chilling

Nottingham University Business School
Snooooow!

Nottingham University Business School
View from the bridge

Nottingham University Business School
Fly!!!

Nottingham University Business SchoolNottingham University Business School
South Building

Photos are taken during the first week of December 2010 at Jubilee Campus, University of Nottingham.

WHAT? IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR ALREADY? I miss this campus dearly, even though I enjoy being in a city campus at LSE. That pretty much explains why I return to Nottingham twice in the Michaelmas term and perhaps another time in the Lent term... to meet up with some of my friends, lecturers and to enjoy the relaxing and serene environment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment